What to Bring
Home Page / About
Us / Location / Nature
/ Tours / Rates
What to bring? / Testimonials / Links
/ Contact Us
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
- INSECTS - Believe it or not, although you
are situated in the rainforest, biting bugs are minimal here in the Cayo
District of Belize.
- BUG SPRAY - Is rarely necessary here. However, if you take a day trip
to other sites such as the Belize Zoo, Baboon Sanctuary, etc., we recommend you
bathe in bug spray. The No See 'Ems are voracious!
- IN GENERAL - In the evenings, (should you choose to sit down by the
river) you will experience annoying little black bugs. These do not
bite, so worry not.
- IN THE ROOMS - During rain storms, an inspired insect seeking refuge
from the storm waters may find its way into a guest room. We DO NOT rent to
insects, so please contact a hotel representative to have your unwanted roommate
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- PERFUMES - Forget your perfume and cologne. They only attract insects.
- JEWELRY - Save it for city life. It will get snagged, broken, or lost
in the jungle.
- MAKE UP - Don't even bother. Your eyelids will sweat and your face
will be on your shirt. Besides, the animals in the bush don't care how you look.
On the upside, you'll get the best facial you've ever had. Perspiration cleans
your pores like nothing else.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bathing Suit
- Sun- block and Hat
- Camera, Film and Flash
- Insect Repellant
- Long pants, shorts for hiking
Casual Tropical Clothing
- Old comfortable clothes for spelunking
- Shoes with good treads for hiking and/or comfortable hiking shoes
- Shoes with good strong soles for water involved activities
For Reservations Call:
Toll Free from the U.S. 888-368-6120
Local (while in Belize) 820-4007
Snail Mail: Riverside Lodge, Bullet Tree Falls, Cayo District, Belize, Central America